When couples are separating or separating what occurs to your home in the UK or abroad can be really stressful. Countrywide Family Mediation { name } enables you to control the procedure and own the decision making. Call us today!

Divorce Agreement and mediation for houses Leicestershire

Do you have a family or holiday home and need to work out the asset split?

Couples find mediation the perfect choice for discussing homes and agreeing.

It can be a stressful affair if you are going through a divorce, but it’s an even more tormenting when it comes to the uncertainty of what will happen to your home after a divorce Leicestershire. This guide will explore the different circumstances around home ownership after a divorce.

Getting a financial agreement

Divorced couples can opt to work out the money and property issue, and this avoids going to court if they come to an agreement on how to split the property. If you can’t agree on everything, then it will be up to the courts to decide on the issues you didn’t reach an agreement after mediation.

However, you need to show that you have been attending meetings to see whether mediation is the best option before applying to a court. If you are looking to avoid the hefty charges from solicitors, you can find helpful mediation information from separation websites that have information on housing and money, but this is just the first step towards mediation.

Seeking help when coming up with an agreement Leicestershire

A mediator plays a huge role in ensuring that divorced couples agree on the best ways to split property and money. However, important to note that mediation isn’t relationship counselling but a way to help you divide assets which include investments, savings, property, and money.

Also, the agreement reached upon after mediation isn’t legally binding, and you will need a solicitor to help you draft a consent order for court approval.

There are some situations where mediation isn’t a preferred option, and this can be an instance where the couples are involved in domestic abuse even after a divorce, and the only alternative is to go to court.

Tax when transferring assets

In situations where you dispose off assets to your partner, you wouldn’t have to incur capital gain tax. The tax will only apply to assets that have been transferred to your ex-partner at the end of the relationship.

Assets can include property, personal possession or shares and you need to get professional tax help or get in touch with contact HM Revenue and Customs for further assistance. However, you will still need to tell them if there is any court order or any other contract that show the transfer of assets.

How the courts split assets

A judge can choose to divide the residential or commercial property based on the variety of years you have been married. Home can also be divided based on the standard of living, the ability to find out, living expenditures and the couple’s function in the civil partnership or marriage which takes into consideration the primary carer or a breadwinner.Do you need a MIAM

The judge will just decide to split the assets if there is enough property that satisfies everybody’s needs. The top priority will go to the kids specifically the child upkeep and real estate arrangements. Additionally, the judge will try as much as possible to offer a fresh start so that the divorced couples will no longer have any monetary ties to each other. See our rates for mediation